Location: Robert W. Coleman Elementary School 2400 Windsor Ave, Baltimore, MD
The purpose of this meeting is to connect building design conversations with key concepts for the 21st Century from the District's approved Educational Specifications, provide the community an opportunity to set priorities, and confirm the various workgroups.
The essential elements of modern, high quality schools meeting will include:
- Review of key aspects of 21st Century education
- Overview of focus on the whole child – academic supports, partnerships and family engagement
- Schools as hubs of the community, community use of space
- “Money Game” to solicit what design elements resonate most with the school community
- Introduction of Community Schools planning process and green schools assessment Introduce Design Team members, recruit for Community Schools planning workgroup and green schools assessment team.